Monday, September 17, 2012

16th infusion and tumors still growing

Hi Everyone,

Another whirlwind week with my health.  My tumors are still growing - all of them.  Its a bummer.  Here is the good news.  No NEW tumors.  My liver is stable and my blood work is good.  The growth has not exceeded the maximum growth to drop me from the trial.  So, for the next 8 weeks, I will continue along and start meditating on growth stopping!  We are waiting for another drug to come through in the form of a trial since I will need a lot of it for a longer time than what is currently approved by the FDA.  My Team at U.T. is amazing and so supportive.  I have two T.A.s this semester to help me get through my 3 classes and run One Million Bones for the last Texas installation, which will happen on campus, Tues. Nov. 13 from 11-1 on the South Mall if you can come, I'd love to see you there! 

My precious cousin Kelly and Uncle Keith and Aunt Darla are starting a fundraiser for me.  I think that an email might come your way this week or so.  Please don't feel pressured by this.  Your love and positive thinking is more than I could ever ask.  Cheers to cooler weather and another week of classes!

All my love, peace, and devotion, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment