Monday, November 26, 2012

Confused....but good news so far.

Hi All,

Looks like IMC-A12 is working for me! I have received conflicting reports and its been a roller coaster this past couple of weeks.  Makes me think, doctors just need to pick up the phone more and let us know what's going on!  Some do, some don't......this one, didn't; however, the news looks good.  From what I can tell, the majority of my remaining tumors are necrotic (dead), with just an outline of living tumor cells.  I'm going in on Friday to learn more and get more chemo.  This also helps explain why my LDH is so high, which counts cellular breakdown - it makes sense now, because the tumor cells are breaking down into my bloodstream.  Optimistic and happy.  More after this week and I know more. Peace, Love, Acceptance, K

I got this report today from MD Anderson (I just copied it directly from the email):

a clinic visit for 11/30 with Dr. Patel. She would like to go over the biopsy results with you. In her response to me, the "biopsies was negative – extensive necrosis no tumor, and the other had extensive necrosis with less than 5% viable tumor cells.  In other words, the size on her scans does not reflect active tumor.  Rather, the majority of the major tumor biopsied now appears necrotic."
 
SPECIMEN SOURCE – this was the center portion of the tumor, obtained by aspiration biopsy.
A. Liver, right lobe, FNA

GROSS DESCRIPTION
3 cm mass
Immediate assessment for specimen adequacy was made (x1)

DIAGNOSIS
Rare atypical cells in a background of extensive necrosis (See comment)


DIAGNOSIS

(A)  LIVER BIOPSY: - this was the crescent rim of the same tumor obtained by core biopsy.
METASTATIC MELANOMA WITH EXTENSIVE NECROSIS (LESS THAN 5% OF THE TUMOR IS VIABLE). 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment