Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thank you Estee Lauder

Yesterday was one wet and dark day....super gross.  Lea took a reluctant Kelley to school; however once there, she forgot about Mom and happily headed into the classroom to great her friends.  Lea and I met at the mall and had sister time - just the two of us.  Not sure how long that had been, but quite awhile.  Just as we were about to leave empty handed, we stopped by the Estee Lauder counter. 

Back story: I have been wearing Estee Lauder's All Day Rich and Rosy since I was 16 years old (I'm now 41, you can do the math).  About three years ago, I was told that it was discontinued....and after all, it was probably time to go ahead and update your color mama! (o.k. a little exaggeration on the part of the counter girl) But, yes, she gently encouraged me to choose a new color.  I did buy one color and have been wearing it, but not altogether feeling that it was just the right shade of red for me.


Back to Monday: I stopped by the counter just to see if there were some new shades that I might like better than the consolation color I've been wearing for 3 some odd years.  I did find one and then, it was like I had won the lottery.  There it was! All Day Rich and Rosy - what????? I thought Lea was going to fall over laughing at me.  Of course, I bought a tube and relished in the fact that I was swept away by thoughts of lipstick and shades of red.  How wonderful!  Just a reminder, that all we have is right now. Its all about this second. This very second.  How powerful. Thank you Estee Lauder. 
Thank you Lea!

No comments:

Post a Comment