Tuesday, August 7, 2012

#13, Fatigue, the Shrink's Couch, and My New Normal

Infusion #13 was one of the smoothest visits to MDA yet.  We were only behind 2 hours.  I say that with all sincerity.  It was really was easy.  I had a nurse with a smooth and confident IV stick, which means one needle for me (the previous time, I was stuck a total of 8 times in 3 days - it makes a difference).  My drug was mixed on time and off I went.  We got home before 7pm. Amazing!

I started Psychotherapy this week.  The most recent news has me reeling.  Its possible that I could be on chemo for years. Its indefinite at best.  This news is beyond my current coping skills.  So, I've decided to reach out for some help with this one and a few other things while I'm at it.  My therapist is comfortable and so far so good.

FATIGUE - ugh.  The pain is also a factor, but I think that I could work through that more than being so tired all the time.  School is starting soon.  I've depleted my reserves, but I also know that school brings happiness and a positive diversion.  I'm working on accepting a new normal.  It is the best that I can do. 

Love, k

No comments:

Post a Comment